UPDATE ON DAVID MAYS HOMECOMING WITH JESUS.
A recording of the David Mays Memorial service can be found at Eaglechurch.com in the messages archive.
Here is a direct link to the audio download.
Your internet speed will determine how quickly this audio file will stream.If your internet speeds are slower just wait and it will eventually play. You can also right click and save-as.
The Critical Roles of a Missions Pastor
The missions pastor has many responsibilities but some of them are critical. In cooperation with other church leaders, the missions pastor must
- Shape and promote the purposes and premises for missions in the church.
- Determine and communicate the definition and scope of missions for your church.
- Develop and pursue particular priorities within the larger scope of missions.
- Identify and develop partnerships for accomplishing your missions priorities.
- Manage short-term missions so they contribute to your ongoing mission priorities, encourage long-term missionaries, and develop participants.
- Continually educate church leaders and the congregation regarding the biblical foundation and imperative for missions.
- Assist other church leaders in providing missions education and hands-on ministry opportunities as part of their ministries.
Recruit, educate, develop, and organize lay leadership teams to assist in leading the missions ministry in areas such as
- Prayer for missions
- Congregational education and promotion
- Worker recruitment, training, and care
- Coordination of projects and partnerships
- Budgeting and finance management
- Encourage sacrificial commitment to cross-cultural ministry.
- Continually study and communicate changes in the world, the culture, the church, and missions.
- Provide assistance and coaching to churches without missions pastors.