UPDATE ON DAVID MAYS HOMECOMING WITH JESUS.
A recording of the David Mays Memorial service can be found at Eaglechurch.com in the messages archive.
Here is a direct link to the audio download.
Your internet speed will determine how quickly this audio file will stream.If your internet speeds are slower just wait and it will eventually play. You can also right click and save-as.
Missions Pastor’s Job Description
- Balance traditional missions with expanded outreach and new approaches.
- Be available to help other churches in missions through ACMC and other venues.
- Build a global missions perspective in staff and church leaders.
- Challenge, motivate and recruit others for involvement in missions.
- Communicate missions issues and perspectives to pastoral staff and lay leaders.
- Connect with missions pastors and missions executives from other churches and organizations.
- Continually raise the value of missions within the church to increase financial and prayer commitment.
- Coordinate and integrate missions education throughout all church ministries and age groups.
- Develop and administer an annual missions budget.
- Develop prayer support for missionaries, peoples, and nations.
- Develop short- and long-range goals for missions.
- Encourage new ideas and ministries that will stimulate the missions vision of the church.
- Ensure active communication between missionaries and the church.
- Evaluate the missions ministry and missions outreach of the church.
- Facilitate missions projects and short-term mission trips.
- Guide the long range planning of the church missions program.
- Identify, develop, and counsel potential missionaries in the church.
- Lead in the development and implementation of missions strategy for the church.
- Lead in the planning, organizing and implementation of missions activities and events.
- Maintain communication with denomination and/or other missions leaders.
- Oversee the execution of the goals and plans of the missions team.
- Provide for assimilation of home assignment missionaries into the life of the congregation.
- Provide oversight and pastoral care for church supported missionaries.
- Recruit and train members of the missions team.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize lay leaders for involvement in missions
- Serve as a member of the pastoral team.
- Serve as staff liaison between the missions department and other staff, committees, and boards.
- Serve on the missions leadership team and work closely with the chairperson.
- Stay abreast of and evaluate trends affecting missions and the local church.
- Support and build the philosophy of missions of the church.
- Teach and preach on missions.
- Travel to mission fields, endeavoring to visit two to four countries per year.
Note: This is enough work for several people. Please don’t expect one person to do all these things!
For samples of actual missions pastor job descriptions, email email@example.com